Sunday, September 23, 2012

This Week's Drama


This past week has been extremely productive and action packed for me. I had to work on making up my missing assignments for all of my AP classes, due to my sickness the previous week. I also had to work on designing a shirt for my high school chorus. Balancing out my responsibilities for each week always becomes a big struggle, since I have a myriad of them. Working at the movie theaters is a must for me, because I now have to purchase my own gas, and I always want to buy more equipment for my camera and my guitar to expand my talents and passions. It's also tough having to intern while I work, because I have to make sure my schedule doesn't have any conflicts.
Honestly, all this running around would not be that bad, but the stress of trying to meet my SAT requirement has been dragging me own the most. My main priority as of right now is to get into Georgia Tech, which is where my mother went, and where my brother is currently enrolled. I feel like I have all of the requirements to be accepted, but my SAT score is the only one holding me back.
I do believe I found the perfect balance of my responsibilities, and I can't really complain about it. It's all just part of growing up and entering the real world. Your mom is no longer the one taking charge for you. You have to set your own schedule, handle your own responsibilities, and be alert. My mentors email me on almost a daily basis, and I can't just put it off like a text message from a friend.If you have the initiative, you are able to accomplish anything.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, I am tired from just reading your blog. Yes, you do have an enormous amount of stress, pressure and demands on you-physically as well as emotionally. However, you have certainly shown initiative and time management skills in HMP-you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete