Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dave Ramsey & Money


"We do not break the bad habit of debt through earning more money, but rather we break any habit by replacing it with a better one." 

        This simply means that getting in a good habit of using cash or debit is the remedy for breaking bad habits like using credit cards and loans. Earning more money and still using credit cards, just makes the debt on a bigger scale.

I am not that worried about getting into financial trouble as I get older, because my parents have learned how to beat the financial system the hard way. They've been in huge debt before, but have fought their way out, and stayed their way out, by using good spending habits. My dad has taught me the ways of Dave Ramsey since I was a little kid.
Money factors into almost every career path in life, but in my case, it's only a necessity when you're getting started. Purchasing media software and hardware were definitely the most expensive purchases I've ever made in my lifetime. Once you have the equipment, though, you're good to go. The ability to do graphic design doesn't leave you. 
Money shouldn't be the biggest consideration in choosing a path, because honestly, money doesn't buy happiness. I would rather make a middle-class income doing something I love, than make a ridiculously large amount of money doing something that I loathe everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Wise words from a person your age! I can honestly tell you that I WISH I had started off my 'adult' life as Dave Ramsey suggests-it took me YEARS to understand some of the financial concepts he advocates. I tell you, the problems people get in to due to credit (overspending) are devestating.

    ReplyDelete