Sunday, January 27, 2013

Empathy


I feel as if I'm a pretty empathetic human being, at least more than the average. I find it easy to make friends with people because I can see life through their eyes, and see that everyone is cool in their own way. The empathy test was somewhat right, which stated that I was slightly above average. I believe it was being a little harsh on me. I believe it doesn't know me enough from only 60 robotic questions. My mother is probably the most empathetic person I know other than myself, since she is always such a soft-hearted lady. She is always quick to give, even when it means sacrificing her time and money. On the other hand, one of my best friends from high school is not so empathetic. He always makes fun of people to their face, and I'm not sure if he realizes it or not. He is a popular kid, so when he will sort of pick on someone, I see them laugh it off, but I see deep down inside of them, and he or she will become sad.

1 comment:

  1. Well, the empathy quotient assessment is geared towards working adults which probably skews the results for my HMP students. I do think you are empathetic. Your reflection about your friend reminds me of a quote I saw by Anais Nin, "It is a sign of great inner insecurity to be hostile to the unfamiliar."

    ReplyDelete